Green Peas & Mashed Potatoes Garlic Knots
Servings - 2 - 3
Yeast - 1 tablespoon
Honey - 1 teaspoon
Warm water - 220 milliliters
All purpose flour - 300 grams
Butter - 75 grams
Garlic - 1 tablespoon
Boiled mashed potatoes - 300 grams
Green peas - 60 grams
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
Cheddar cheese - to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon yeast, 1 teaspoon honey, 220 milliliters water and mix it well.
2. Rest the mixture for 5 minutes.
3. Now, add 300 grams all purpose flour and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
4. Rest the dough for 2 hours.
5. Heat 75 grams butter in a pan, add 1 tablespoon garlic saute for 5 - 7 minutes or till it turns golden brown in color.
6. In a another mixing bowl, add 300 grams boiled mashed potatoes, 60 grams green peas, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper an dmix it well. Keep aside.
7. Cut dough into 2-inch pieces and roll out about a 1/4-inch thick. Place them on a baking tray.
8. Brush them with garlic butter.n Add some mashed potatoes mixture in it and top with cheddar cheese.
9. Fold and press the edges together to form a little dough ball. Brush with more garlic butter.
10. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown in color.
11. Serve hot.